View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I would check out the dog park -- make sure there's a small side. I hear of a lot more issues with dog parks on the big dog side, to be honest. We've never had an issue in our small side. Jackson is kind of 'eh' about the dog park now (he still will play every now and then, but he more enjoys wandering and sniffing, and smelling butts, haha!) but I still enjoy taking him. We also have to pay (it's in a state park). I find parks where people have to buy are generally run better.

It'd be worth looking into.

Also, you say your parents have a lot of land... I have a 50 foot long rope lead (I got it at Petsmart) ... it gives him the feeling of freedom, but still hooked up to something in the case of him running away or something. We really like it. I have 3 acres and I just let him drag it when playing fetch or frisbee.

I can't imagine Jackson not being able to run free every once in a while, but honestly, I think he'd be okay with long walks, etc, too if we had to. I just have to walk him a LOT in order for him to actually be 'tired' to it's easier to let him run. We can do 4 miles and he wants more. I'm also very lucky to have my father's house which is awesome for him -- fenced in, pool, other dogs, etc. Very lucky my dad has the house he does! And also our dog park came in handy a lot more when he was younger, when he really needed to wrestle and play with other dogs.

Last edited by Britster; 06-06-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!