View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
buggz
Yorkie Yakker

Sad My poor baby Petey was attacked on Friday!

peirced & bloody black eye (800x600) (640x480) (500x375).jpg

swollen fang holes on jugular (800x600) (500x375) (400x300).jpgHi all,
I don't think anyone knows who Petey and I are, I've sat in the shadows reading and not sure if I should jump in,...until now.
My hubby and I and our 2 little boys were just coming out of our yard and into the alley behind our house, there was a German Shepard that is always running loose, always friendly to my dogs, my little Petey actually liked to play with this dog. My hubby and I and our Shi-itzu were about 20-30 ft away when Petey went up to this big 2.5 yr. old Shepard, Petey was wiggling his tail all happy when out of the blue the Shepard changed his look and stance and the next thing we knew, it had Petey pinned down on the ground attacking him! We screamed and ran towards the dog and it was enough for him to let Petey go, I'll never forget the screams that came out of Petey, I can still hear them! he ran to my hubby as fast as he could and hubby picked him up then noticed he got covered in blood, next thing was the owner of the big dog came running out and dragged his dog in the house then came running back out to see what injuries Petey had, he saw the 1 inch tear on Petey's head and tried to play it down, then says if your taking him to the vet just send him the bill, well that did not sit well with my hubby, he ordered the guy to get his shoes on and get his wallet out and follow us to the vet, Petey was then in my arms, by the time we got to the vet it was 2:30pm and the owner of the Shepard actually showed up. My hubby was still freaking and realized while holding Petey, Petey had peed all down hubby's side, so while and was trying hard not to flip out on the guy, I wouldn't blame him! Well, with Petey in my arms I went to the counter and they told me I'd have to wait till 4pm to see a vet, just as she said that I took my right hand away and it was covered in blood, his neck was bleeding, they then changed their mind about waiting, they took him in and checked him over and his worst bite was his eye and a bite in the mouth and luckily his eye didn't have any scratches or punctures, but it was also cut under his eye, poor guy has has a real runny eye that makes it look worse. The other dog owner then had to go to the bank to get the money to pay for the bill, we didn't even think he was coming back, but low and behold he did and payed the bill, he got off pretty easy, it was less then the bill I had for my Shi-itzu's ear infection! But Petey's on the mend, he's on anti-biotics, his eye isn't so painful, he lets me put polysporin on it and it looks so much better! He's getting his confidence back also, even more so now, growling and patrolling the yard double duty!
I didn't add that Petey had been almost on deaths doors earlier this year, he was suspected of having Cushings, I couldn't afford the tests so I did a ton of research and put him on a vitamin and herbal diet and started making making his food, well he gained back almost 1/2 the weight he had lost and has tons of energy now and doing so much better.
Thanks for reading...if you have any questions just let me know! Thanks!
Petey's mum! I included pictures, not sure how or where they will show up.
buggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!