View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Welcome to YT....I will address what I can address with confidence....I have no working knowledge on raw/home cooked meal...I have always fed my dogs Royal Canin, going thru each specifically designed, age appropriate nutritional formula. There are alot of people here that home cook or feed raw, so you will get excellent instructions in that area. I do make homemede treats and I do make my own dried treats, jerky, with the dehydrator I bought. You are right about what you have learned from your research, about collars. Harnesses are the rule of thumb, in order to prevent any damage to trachea, not only in Yorkies, but any small dogs/Toy breed. If you want to put tags on a collar, most of us will use a cat break-away collar for the tags.....any leash would be attached to a harness and not the cat collar. I love yourappraisal of the "terrier's selective hearing"....that is not a stage, but a characteristic of these special little souls....I think it makes them soooooo endearing and quite a challenge! I do not take my dogs out into public areas, for walks or socializing, but there are many who do. They will be letting you know successful methods of training to do leash work. Congratulations on your baby! You are soon going to be absolutely owned by this baby, as we all are!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!