View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:28 AM   #14
Ddmkmacdady
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Parvo really is serious, because it's common, and many dogs showing no symptoms are carriers. I think it has about a 90% survival rate with intensive intervention, but who wants to subject their puppies to that, and also risk their death? I took my Bella outside for a few minutes each day as a puppy, but only in my driveway and front yard, where I know no other dogs had been. I also wheeled her around the neighborhood in a covered dog stroller, and when people walking dogs asked if they could get close, I said no, she hasn't had all of her shots yet. Brighton doesn't have to live in a bubble, but please take parvo seriously! Carrying puppy pads in the car with you when you pick her up is an excellent idea! If you are traveling on an interstate, whatever you do, DO NOT stop at a rest area and take Brighton to the area designated for pets to potty--that's asking for parvo. If Brighton really needs to go, she'll go on the pad on the floor of your vehicle. Good luck, and keep us posted on Brighton's journey home!
Thank you! I appreciate your advice. We do have a stroller for her and plan on taking her around like you have mentioned. I am just lost at what to do if she has to potty? Is it safe to find an area off the beaten path and put down a pad for her to potty on? Or is going potty outside just totally out of the question right now?
Ddmkmacdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!