View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #13
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddmkmacdady View Post
I have to admit...As an educator part of my make up is to educate myself on everything...PARVO is freaking me out a little bit. I know about the dangers and the precautions that one has to take, but is it really this serious, or is it like any pandemic that occurs, people just seriously overreact? Please dont get me wrong, I am not trying to downplay the seriousness, and I know there are people on this forum that have lost babies to this horrible virus, but like I was telling my wife this morning, I feel like I want to put Brighton in a bubble for the next 6 weeks!!! I am more nervous than when my daughter was born.
Parvo really is serious, because it's common, and many dogs showing no symptoms are carriers. I think it has about a 90% survival rate with intensive intervention, but who wants to subject their puppies to that, and also risk their death? I took my Bella outside for a few minutes each day as a puppy, but only in my driveway and front yard, where I know no other dogs had been. I also wheeled her around the neighborhood in a covered dog stroller, and when people walking dogs asked if they could get close, I said no, she hasn't had all of her shots yet. Brighton doesn't have to live in a bubble, but please take parvo seriously! Carrying puppy pads in the car with you when you pick her up is an excellent idea! If you are traveling on an interstate, whatever you do, DO NOT stop at a rest area and take Brighton to the area designated for pets to potty--that's asking for parvo. If Brighton really needs to go, she'll go on the pad on the floor of your vehicle. Good luck, and keep us posted on Brighton's journey home!

Last edited by pstinard; 06-05-2013 at 05:20 AM.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!