View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #76
KimInMD
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryn514 View Post
Not much sleep last night as I wanted to check on my baby boy but knowing he wasn't there anymore.

Holly keeps going over where his bed was and just been lying around. I can tell by her eyes, so is sad.

This past week-end we took him on his last RV camping trip and he loved to be on Sherry lap to feel the heat off the fire pit and we carried him around the park because he loved the wind in his face. It will take some time to get past this but we have Holly to share our love with, knowing that she will not replace Buddy but she is our baby girl and I know her heart is hurting as well so all we can do now is hold her close and tell her we love her.

THANKS for all the replies and I think it will make us know we made the right decision to put Little Buddy to rest.
A year ago, January, I replied to your post that we were in the same situation with our little Lucy. We lost her this past January. I really do understand the pain you are feeling. Not one day goes by that I don't miss that sweet soul. It will take a long time. Be gentle with yourself, and allow yourselves all the time in the world you need to grieve. Although Holly is confused right now, I do believe she fully knows what happened. I'm sure she could smell you, after you came home from the vet, and she knew her Buddy was gone. She loved Buddy too. He was her companion and she watched out for him. Perhaps she would still like to lay in his bed? Maybe it would bring her some comfort to smell him? Perhaps in time, you may someday think about getting a new friend for her. But for today, it's time to hug each other close. Don't think for one moment that you did the wrong thing. You looked through your own wants and needs and did what was best for that sweet boy. When they stop eating, it is clear sign that they are ready to go to the bridge. To let Buddy continue on would have been selfish and cruel. I'm so glad you had your last vacation together. I'm sure they are such sweet memories now. I know how happy Buddy was to have his family all together with him, snuggled in Mama and Daddy's arms, carried around like the darling little prince that he was. Rest in Peace, dear boy. You were so loved here on this earth.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!