View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #21
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
It is so high maintenance over here, god help me. The 2 little ones (Marcel and Pfeiffer) will use the stairs up and down...we just have those cheap $10 ones from Walgreens. Yeah, I later bought these beautiful 4-step dark wood stairs for like $50 - they look SO nice and you guessed it, no one will use them . TURDS.

With Wylie, he is categorically against all stairs and he will not inform us of his reasons. SO. After his knee surgery I tried about 18,000 different setups and he was just against all of them. Now I finally have this setup JUST for him, by our bed: small portion of yoga mat laid down for a 'landing pad', on top this and closer in to the bed I have 2 cinder blocks laid down on their sides which creates like an 8 inch landing/jumping platform to get up/down from the bed, on top of the cinder blocks I have a little carpet so he doesn't hurt his paws on the rough cinder. So, for ex, to jump down he lands on the cinder block platform, then goes down to the little yoga mat landing (rather than slippery wood floor right away), and then he's off.

Yup, that's Wylie. Keep in mind when he used to eat kibble, he'd need old kibble that was sitting in his bowl 'hand-fluffed' by one of us before he'd eat that sitting-there-kibble. We'd have to pick up his bowl, make a big production of handfluffing his kibble, put bowl back down.

So yeah, SUPER EASY and low maintenance over here. We're totally the alphas over here.
LOL OMG Ann that is funny! You should totally market your custom steps. I swear what we do for our babies!

Dh made his custom ramp/steps as well.. he made his out of our couch pillows, for his side of the bed LOL The crazy thing is Peanut uses them
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!