View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default squeamish guests...

The end cupboard in my kitchen, which is right above ZoE's glass canisters of kibble & treats, is where her bowls & dishes are. I have a set of 6 ceramic bowls and 6 correll sidekicks. These are specifically ZoE's.

But, on occasion, if we're eating something I'd share with her, I'll grab whatevers handy & put food in it for her...meaning the same dishes we eat off. I've never thought it was a big deal. They get washed after she's done, just like all the dishes do. I don't run a separate load for her dishes in the dishwasher, I just wash everything together (after it's been rinsed, of course).

I never thought how guests would view it.

But I had a friend over the other evening who was amazed that I loaded ZoE's dishes right in the dishwasher with my own. My friend then asked in horror if ZoE eats of the dinnerware we'd just eaten off (we'd picked up a mostaccioli dinner from a local restaurant to split). I said that no she's never eaten off a dinner plate, cos it would be too be for her anyway, but that yes, she's probably eaten off the small bread plates we used. <--- that is the look I got!!!

Am I the only one that does this? Is it really that worthy? Does anyone else let their dog(s) eat off dinnerware on occasion? What about loading the dishwasher...all together or separate runs?

Come on...confess
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!