View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #12
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa and Pic View Post
I agree with others, it could be a good starting point. It certainly worked for me when I was searching for Piccolo.

I used to think all YTCA breeders would be great, until I talked to someone on YT that said the YTCA person she was lead to believe was the breeder of her puppy for over a year, was really only the broker and she didn't find out until she went to have her pet registered with the AKC. Horrible story. We did recommend that the owner needed to report this breeder to the AKC and the YTCA, but the owner of the pup chose not to do this. Anyway, I hope/believe this is a very rare thing and that almost all YTCA breeders are legitimate.
How does your friend know that the person is a broker? Was it just because the person she bought the puppy was not the name of the breeder? YTCA members and other reputable breeders often help each other out when finding homes for their pups. Also sometimes the owner of the sire will get a puppy back for the breeding and the sires owner will not show up on the papers.

To me a broker is just someone that buys puppies cheap just to resale them or someone that helps sell puppies for a puppy mill. If your friend was truly deceived then the person should have been reported.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!