Thread: Going Blue
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
ProudPops
Yorkie Yakker

My dog went into seizures from this food.

Bitsy is 9 years old, perfect health, and we were going to switch her to BB because my gf got a new Yorkie and wanted to put her pup on it. So rather than have 2 dogs on 2 different foods I tried to switch my dog to BB.

My girl has been on Innova Small Bites Adult (SUPERIOR FOOD) for most of her life. It has never done her wrong, perfect stools, and she likes it. But my gf was really into putting her new pup on BB so I thought I would instigate the change and migrate my dog to BB. I chose a natural food from them for dogs with sensitive stomachs (dont remember the type, I threw it out) but it had no fillers and was natural.

Biggest mistake I have EVER made with my dog.

Shortly after giving her a few kibbles and starting to move her over to the new food she had really bad gas. I mean, it was horrible. Funny at the time but in hindsight the dog was sick as hell.

She had runny stools from it the following day. Never thought much of it as I expected some change in bowel movements as it was a new food.

Shortly after this, she actually went into seizures. I thought she was going to die. She would walk around "stiff" and could barely move. Keep in mind she is an older dog, but fairly active. Never had a prob with her git up and go.

Shortly after her stiffening up, she was actually collapsing. She went into another room in our condo and was trying so hard to walk....but she would actually just fall over on her side and seize up. It was TERRIFYING!!

We took step backwards and determined it was the Blue Buffalo food I tried to move her onto. It was my fault, and I feel so guilty to this day. I thought my dog was going to die.....never again!!!!

I talked to my vet about it a few months later and he did not say anything bad about Blue Buffalo, but he did say that some foods are very rich and high in protein and it may affect dogs in the way mine was.

I will never touch that food again. Never. I have never seen any dog I have had suffer as much as mine did, and I honestly thought she was going to die.

She is back on Innova now, and I know they had a recall. But we were fortunate in the fact that her food was not involved in it and since I stopped feeding her Blue Buffalo and moved her back to Innova she has been perfectly healthy.

There is also a web site where there are dozens of complaints about this company and food. I tried to file a complaint but it did not go through.

I know there are people that have had success with this food, but my dog (before I put her on it) was 100% healthy...active, happy....and when I tried it out as stated above I thought I was going to lose her.
ProudPops is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!