View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #19
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
How often do you read the sick and injured forum? Linda that is an unfair question of me. A whole lot, as many of my posts on there shows; as well I often refer would be breeders to the sick and injured forums And by now you should know one of my hobby horses is breeding healthy dogsQ!

Are you aware of how many people who refuse to do even basic labs...heck hard enough to get them to go to a vet. Yes I am aware of this. Does that mean I should stop recommending basic labs, vetting etc?

Like I said, to each his own. And, quite frankly, I did not know we were referring to breeders in this thread.

I think breeders should do more than all owners...but we know that is not happening with the large majority of breeders. I don't put breeders on a pedestal .. I have seen far too much in my lifetime to do that. They don't edcuate, they don't inform....they don't vet properly ... I could go on and on....I am not referring to ALL breeders...just the vast majority.
I have seen this too, but I will never stop advocating for what I believe to be right and the best thing for the breeding dogs and pet owners of those litters.

What I do have control of, is what I do with my breeding dogs, what changes I can make through the breed clubs I am a member of, to learn and to educate breeders and the public alike. I can try to make a difference, through fact/science based education and study.

I will always advocate for more testing than less. Be it a pet owner or a breeder. And yes I am intimately aware of cost.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!