View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
AnneJ68
YT 500 Club Member

Welcome to YT hopefully you will get some good responses.

I am still dealing with this with my 6 month old yorkie Bentley. He is excellent with his pee pad training. I live in an apartment as well. When I first got him he was not allowed outside due to cold weather and waiting on getting all his vaccinations completed.

Now that he is so good a his pad training we are working on getting him to potty outside as well. It was a struggle to get him to potty outside the first time. Now he's just hit and miss as to if he goes outside or not. I can take him out and right away boom he pees. Other times I can walk him for 30 minutes, will not go and then he goes right to his pad as soon as we get inside. He has only pooped one time ever outside.

Don't have much suggestions other than trying to be constant with taking him outside and even anticipate his need to go out. Watch his ques as well, he will paw at me if he wants to go out. But like always hit and miss. He pawed me yesterday evening, I took him out, not a drop, but right to his pad when we got inside.

Maybe it's a stubborn male thing. *Runs and hides from all the male YT members on that comment.* lol
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!