View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Gizmo-Melgar
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Need advise for my little Gizmo

I need your advise on my little Gizmo. He weights less than 5 pounds and just turned one this May. He was the runt of litter and has always been a bit sickish. Always throwing up food once in a while but eating well with energy and playful.

He develop a weird nasal noise (almost like a cat with a hairball) ever since we moved to my brothers place (We thought it was allergies) but it got a bit worst now that we moved to our new house.

That's why the last visit to the vet (last week). We thought the snorting sound was getting worst and making him throw up but the vet said the sound was probably from an irritated stomach. There is a possibility that he was eating crap off the floor or the back yard since it was dirty when we moved in (yet he was doing that sound from way before). He was still doing okay besides the throwing up... Eating and pooing normal but I feel this week he's been looking more sad.

He sleeps allot during the day and then around midnight he wakes up restless and walks around the room moving from one place to the other non-stop. He doest seem to want to play during the day like before or run. Last time the Vet. gave him Nutri-Cal... apparently small dogs like him suffer from low blood sugar when they don't eat. I gave him Nutri-Cal after he was throwing up because I knew he had nothing in his stomach. When the Vet saw him he was doing better and the Vet didn't think much of it.

Last few days he has been sleeping allot again and looking very sad. Had the shakes once in a while and you can tell he was extremely sleepy. Yesterday we took him to the Vet again and she wants to do blood test again tomorrow morning. His last blood test seem a little off but nothing crazy she said... but now she wants to focus on the liver. My questions is what's next? Is he has a bad liver then what? Anyone had this problem before?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!