View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
lyon810
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My pup won't go outside to do his business

Just a note to administrators/moderators of this forum: I am posting this because the answers found in similar topics were not what I was looking for. That being said, every attempt made to "search" the forum resulted in a blank page that would not load. Even tried other browsers. Sorry.

Hi!

I have a 7 month old yorkie/aussie terrier mix. The issue is that he won't do his business outside. He is perfectly trained inside on the pads. We've tried everything from crate training to bringing the pads outside but he simply won't do it.

He's now recently developed a nasty habit of constantly evacuating himself of any waste as opposed to holding it. We know he can hold it in for a long time, but there is never any need to hold it so he just goes several times per day.

What can we do? We're tired of buying pee pads and having to constantly be covering up the smell of urine and feces.

Worth noting that we live way up in an apartment building so taking him outside is sometimes gruelling (leash on, lock up, wait for elevator, ride down, get outside).

Thank you!
lyon810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!