Thread: Liver shunt
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
Miranda_Bay
Yorkie Talker

My 3yo yorkie started having seizures this past week. I didn't know what she was doing, she was lifting up her leg to her chest and was shaking scared while licking the air. She looked so confused, it was so sad. It only lasted a few seconds the first time. About 2 weeks later (last night) it happened 3 times.. Only lasted about 20 seconds each. I was a little in denial about it until I looked on Youtube to get confirmation of what a seizure was. We took her to the vet this morning, sent blood work, etc. Today has been good, she's a little sleepy. When she was around 6 months she had liver issues but the bile tests came back okay after a year. She did also get vaccines a month ago, only the necessary and it has been 2 years since she's had them done. (I don't believe in vaccines, especially since mine don't leave our private yard or car when out)

Please keep us updated on your yorkie. I hope my Bebe will be okay and that this is just a fluke thing. We have meds incase another seizure arises and we will await the bloodwork for further action.
Miranda_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!