View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 10:27 AM   #7
Latuya
YT 3000 Club Member

Thank you Claire, wow I will say a prayer for you as well. I do know the signs. My sister has had her ups and downs but had been on and off for the last 13 years. I can totally tell when she starts using. But this is the first time she been sent away for it. We all thought she would stay clean after she had Cherish. She had been clean for 4 years, but after a devorce, getting pregnant by someone she really didn't know and having the guy leave after learning of her pregnance, having to move back to my moms, and dealing with a father who had a racism issue due to her baby being mixed. (Which he has come to terms with now and loves Cherish just as much as his other grandkids) I think it was a bit much for her and turned to her old friends. She need to learn how to deal with issues and not run to durgs when things get bad. I hope and pray with the family support she can really stay clean.

Vainchick thanks for the kind words. I was very lucky I was able to take her in and care for her and show her a life she so deserves. She is surrounded by lots of people who love her. And we all will worry so about her well being once she leaves.

Deb, yes I think once she is at my moms house she will be ok. She is used to my moms house. It's were she was born and the only stable place she's been becides here. She's comfortable there although she did give me a hard time the last time my mom watched her. She cried for a bit but was fine the rest of the time she was there. I think I will be spending a little more time at my moms to she can get used to it. Because going to see her mom being that she is so far, it hard for me. I have 3 kids of my own and although my husband is great it's hard to get away too often. Me and my mom were talking the other day, and we decided that we will take turn driving up to see her every month till she gets out. I hope with Cherish seeing her more she'll get to know her a little better. And we are planning on a weekend stay. They have a probram where the inmates can have a weekend visit with thier family. They have small apartment sized housing were we can stay the weekend with her. So we plan on doing that a few weeks before she gets out. Hopefully she will get to know her mother alittle that way.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!