View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
DewiWihardja
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonmarlow View Post
Those treats all have lots of artificial ingrediants. The Waggin ones were part of one of the largest dog food recalls in the US. Linked to kidney failure in dogs:

DogAware.com: Recalls that Affect Dogs

Are you guys familiar with the dog food project? It's a GREAT website and resource.
The Dog Food Project - How does your Dog Food Brand compare?

Another great website to take a look at for information on what's healthy and best for your dog is the Whole Dog Journal. It's sort of like a consumer's reports of dog stuff!
Whole Dog Journal

They do an annual review of dog foods too which is really helpful
thanks for the links. I honestly didn't know these articles. Only that I know as long as our yorkies get his nutritions enough, there's no need to give him more treats.

I bought these stuffs before to give him every 3 days as he didn't eat really well the kibbles and always want something added.

Now with royal canin, it's no longer necessary to give him those as he eats royal canin eagerly (even DRY) LOL

So the only I give him is the chewing bone as in the first post with some chicken and intestinal parts of animals in the middle,and that's even every 5 days by now as I also spray him spray tooth-paste every night and he chews well with royal canin.

Disclaimer: I don't mean to promote royal canin hahah as I hv no profit relation with them lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!