View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
Sloan
Luv Love LOVE My Boys!
Donating Member

Default Completed 8 week LP recovery & back to skipping

Hello YT! It has been so long since I have visited this wonderful website but am so glad to be able to lean on all of you for your advice and wisdom. My 4lb, 5 year old yorkie just completed the dreaded LP 8 week recovery from surgery and the vet checked him out and said that it was solid and that his knee was tight and not bothering him when she moved it in every direction imaginable. She told me to gradually add activity back into his routine as he has no muscle mass built up in that leg and it would be awhile before he figured out how to get it working/moving again and to be sure that he didn't over do it and hurt himself. I understood and brought him back home. I allowed him to cruise around my tiny place as usual and he wasn't crazy active but of course, had a great deal more room than he did when he was confined the last 8 weeks. A day after his recheck (yesterday) and today he is back to skipping on his right hind leg like he did when he had the LP. I need to know from those of you that have had your dogs go through this.....is this normal? Is this because his leg is so stiff and he has to learn how to get that knee to bend again? I am so worried that after all of this $$$, time and energy that he is still going to skip hop when he moves at a quick walk or run. Thank you in advance for your replies and for reading my lengthy post.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!