View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
HunterTheBiewer
Yorkie Yakker

Unhappy train to hold it longer in the house? I'm out of ideas!

okay so after 2 rounds of antibiotics as precautionary....a new lab work showing NO uti of any sort...x rays and a catheter to rule out any bladder stones....my dog has been given a completely clean bill of health!!

therefore the only conclusion my vet can come to is that hunter's need to go out every 15 minutes and squeeze out a few drops of pee is completely behavioral...

he's definitely catching on to housebreaking and that outside is the place to potty but if he wont hold it more than 15 mins we're never gonna have a house dog that i dont have to stress about and watch 24/7!!

any ideas on how to teach him to hold it longer while outside of the crate?! he does great inside the crate but goes to the door every 15 mins while outside of the crate and if i dont take him out he'll piddle on my carpet!!!

the vet mentioned some kind of medication that makes the urethra (?) close up a little and make them not feel the sensation to have to go as much but i am hesitant to put him on something like that because i dont want to give him any health issues and it seems kind of cruel
HunterTheBiewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!