View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 07:27 AM   #11
sneri13
Luv My Spoiled Babies
Donating Member

That is wonderful. You must be so very proud of your son and he must be very proud of himself. I think all children need something that they do well and most importantly that THEY want to do. I see with my own 3 children there are so many parents who think that forcing their child to do something is in the childs best interest or that they should particpate in EVERYTHING so that they are active 24/7 as oppposed to doing what they really want to do (whether it is sports, music, a hobby etc) and excell in that. My daughter dances, is very good at it and loves it. She isn't involved in soccer or softball and I get alot of her friends parents ALWAYS (in a very demeaning way) asking why isn't DeborahAnne playing softball, why isn't she doing soccer, why isn't she playing basketball. The reason is simple SHE doesn't want to, she wants to dance and does so 4 days a week I support her decision 100% and will not force her to sign up for something that she doesn't want to do or have any interest in just for the sake of participating in as much as possible.

Congrats to you and your son!!!

Until we meet again at Rainbow Bridge
sneri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!