View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #13
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmor View Post
My breeder is very much a reputable breeder. She is a
Member of The American Kennel Club's Breeder of Merit Program and is the Winner of the Ethical Yorkshire Terrier Breeders Award for Excellence in Dog Breeding and the owner of several champion yorkie which Sophie sire is one. Just because I was a special case does not mean she was not reputable. She follows Sophies development on a weekly basis and I got a email from her today. I was just look for imput on how others handle puppies who like to use us as chew toys.

My dog is not a puppy mill dog. I have followed this breeder for 7 or more years.
I never said you puppy is from a puppy mill I was sharing my experience with a bad breeder. I am pretty stuck on the 12 week rule because of my research and the trust I put in the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America and them knowing what is best for Yorkies more then even most vets because vets can't know everything about every breed there are just to many. I think it is especially important if the puppy is going to be an only dog and not have other dogs in the house to learn from. I worried that if they skip one of the important step what else could they have skipped or cut corners in. Also just being a breeder who shows doesn't make you a good breeder.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!