View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
Kate
YT 500 Club Member

Default Seizures after Anesthesia

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area.

My almost 11 year old Yorkie had a biopsy Thursday for a flat, red area on her mammary that would not go away. It had been there six weeks, and antibiotics did not help.

I brought her home around 3P the same day. Around 7a she was hacking and coughing due to the tube that was inserted into her trachea. She had about 30 sips of water.

She woke up at 9:30a, and I carried her outside. Her leg gave out, and at first I thought it was due to the after effects of anesthesia. She fell hard and onto her back. Her little feet were moving back and forth and she urinated. Her eyes were all glassy looking, and it was very frightening. It only lasted about 15 seconds, and now she seems fine. She had a seizure.

I called my vet and was told that this is not an after effect caused from anesthesia. I was also told to go light on her food and water. She has been fine all day.

Has anyone else had a furbaby that had a seizure after surgery. I am really debating on whether or not to put her under for teeth cleaning anymore. I know the anesthesia is very hard on these little guys.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kate
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!