View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #1
StriRy
Yorkie Yakker

Default Meet Riley, aka StriRy

Riley is a 5 year old male yorkie. We were blessed with our little guy on Easter. My husband was taking the trash out (we live in a condo community) when one of our neighbors stopped him and asked if he wanted a dog bc a different neighbor wanted to get rid of theirs. Told him it was free, being the smart man he is he came home to ask my permission first lol. When he told me it was a Yorkie I practically pushed him out the door to go get him. Hes the most amazingly living dog, Im his favorite person lol. We also have a 3 year old daughter that he is so patient and loving with. Hes the perfect fit for us. He came at a hard time for us, around the time we were told we are having fertility issues bc of an issue I have going and having another baby just isnt going to happen anytime soon for us. He has filled a spot we are forever grateful for! The first week or so went great and to us (new pet owners) nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Other than his knock you off your feet breath. Everytime we took him for a walk a neighbor would stop us and ask "is this Riley? We had him when he ran away".. this happened probably 5 times. So we asked the lady that told us about him and she told us the lady didnt want him anymore bc her new BF had a pitbull and they liked the pit better so they would always let Riley loose in hopes he would run away. That just made me so sad.
So we took him to the vet, got all his vaccines up to date. We were told that while he was getting nuetered to get his teeth cleaned. SO i scheduled a predental screening for him, didnt expect much but ended up leaving that appointment fuming at his previous owners. The vet took one look in his mouth and let out an "ohhhh my.. oh yes.. oh goodness". Our poor Riley had a bad infection in his gums from the ELEVEN teeth that needed pulled.. YES ELEVEN! Said it looked like he never had his teeth cared for in his life. He also had a UTI and Kennel Cough (he was not up to date on vaccine until we took him when we first got him). So after spedning $1000 on our free dog (im not complaining about the money Id spend it all over again) our Riley is healthy, fixed, and has a clean healthy mouth again!
We also found his previous owners had been feeding him beneful, which I have read so many bad things about so we switched him to wellness with a little canned food (for his aching mouth)
We call him StriRy as a joke. Stri is slang for good looking lol. Ry obviously bc his name is Riley lol.

As I type this his little head is laying on my lap. Its been a week since his neuter/cleaning/extractions and he has recovered very well!

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/pic...ctureid=127942
StriRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!