View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 06:42 AM   #2
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyLu802
Hi! I just got my first yorkie! She is 8 weeks old and she doesnt really eat that good. Also she will only eat if I hand feed her royal canin 33 puppy food mixed with baby food piece by piece. She eats a little less than 1/8 cup at a time 3 times a day. I have been giving her Nutri-Cal twice a day after meals to make up for her not eating well. Is this a good thing to be doing? Ive been trying to find more information on Nutri-Cal from the internet but I havent really found out what I want to know. I just want to know if it is safe to give her the Nutri-Cal 2 times a day. I read on some forums people giving their yorkie Nutri-Cal 2-3 times a day. If anyone could explain Nutri-Cal a little better for me that would be great! -Cindy
I don't know a lot about it but my vet told me to give Ceeby Nutracal twice a day for awhile. At the time, he only weighed nine ounces and didn't want to eat. it is not to be used in place of food if the dog is eating. It is a supplement and will save a dogs life if he is not eating. I gave it to Ceeby first thing in the morning because he kinks out for the night about ten and doesn't eat until about noon the next day (his choice) Then I gave it to him about nine at night to get him thru the night without any hypoglycemic episodes. Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can kill a dog. when mine hit three pounds, I stopped and now only use it on days he is just not going to eat no matter what. i recently brought a nine week old puppy home and the only time I have given it to her is after the long trip to my house. She was a little droopy. She weighed 1.2 lbs when I picked her up and eats like a little pig several times a day so that is a much different situation than Ceeby had.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!