View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Boofa View Post
Today my vet wanted to give Bella her rabies vac at 13 weeks, he said u can give it after 12. But I know that I've read a hundred times that the average age for it is 16 weeks. He gave her her second distemperment vac & a pain med. He told me she would be quite tired/drowsy from this & prolly wouldn't eat tonight. I questioned him about the rabies vac, so then he said that we'd better hold off till next time because he didn't know how she would react to both vaccines. Honestly, I'm glad he did & I'm glad I spoke up because she's so sick. She's shivering nonstop, I dressed her in a fleece hoodie & I'm cuddling her and she's still shivering. She's very out of it, she has zero energy. I hope this is normal?? He said she'd be tired & prolly not want to eat.
Also, isn't it 16 weeks? I don't think she could handle both vaccines at once, this reaction shes having is scary.
My Bella got her rabies vaccine at 16 weeks yesterday and she did great--no drowsiness! Why did the vet give your Bella a pain med? I'm wondering if some of her reaction is due to the pain med. My Bella was drowsy after her 12 week parvo vaccination, but she didn't have as extreme a reaction as the one you are reporting. I'm more concerned about her shivering than about the drowsiness. Could the shivering be due to stress-related hypoglycemia? Keep your Bella warm and call the vet. Oh, and wait until she's 16 weeks old to get the rabies vaccination.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!