View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
Mrs_OMalley
Yorkie Talker

Love A proper introduction from a Newbie

Hi everyone! After the "grape" crisis has been averted with my precious, tiny little boy Bailey last week, I thought that I would properly introduce myself and my babies! =)

My name is Kymm and I am a proud Mommie to Bonzai who will be 9 in June, Delaynie who will be 4 in November, and my little Bailey who will be 12 weeks this Saturday (the 25th). I have always wanted a Yorkie, but being a single mom (back then) our budget didn't allow for me to buy my dream breed! I met some new friends, through some classes I was taking, and they both had Yorkies and I was officially smitten. One friend had the mom and my other friend owned the dad (now my Bonzai) and they had one litter of puppies together. They each kept a puppy from the litter - and that is how it was when I met them! A big bunch of Yorkie family love! Well, to make a long story short, my friend's boyfriend was quite a jerk, and decided one day that he didn't want Bonzai any longer because he was marking in the house. (*Of course the boyfriend was also potting "house plants" with outside soil and I honestly think it really confused him). Anyway - he instructed him to take Bonzai to the pound! THE POUND!!! OMGosh, I was heartbroken. I told her I would take him in a heartbeat and her boyfriend agreed. So - I got my first special Yorkie blessing! He has some issues with a very sensitive stomach and bad teeth (since they didn't have any dental care done early on), but he is a sweet, loyal, beautiful Mommie's boy! That was six years ago this month! My how time flies. . . .

Fast forward to this past March. A friend of mine knew how much I wanted another Yorkie. And he works with their local animal control trying to re-home dogs as they come in. His speciality is working with Pitbulls but he had always said he would keep his ears open if they had a Yorkie to re-home. I really in my heart wanted a puppy, since I missed out on Bonzai's puppyhood - but also have a special place in my heart for dogs who just need a home and love! So I got a text message asking me if I still wanted "a friend for Bonazai". I told him YES. He said he might have a situation coming up and would keep me posted. Well it turns out he had come across an owner surrender. It was a 3 year old Yorkie female. I was excited to have a little Princess come and join our family. We had made arrangements to drive halfway (we are 8 hours apart) to meet them for the weekend and bring home our little girl. Well. . . the night before we were to leave, he called and asked me how I would feel about taking a puppy as well. WHAT!?! I asked for details. Apparently my Princess, Delaynie, had recently had a litter of puppies. They were all gone to new homes (WAY WAY WAY to early) but had one left. I told him of course I would take him!! Enter on the scene my littlest Prince - Bailey. He was just barely 5 weeks old when we brought him and Delaynie home. She really didn't show much interest in nursing him so we set about bottle feeding him and taking care of him around the clock. I could not believe how tiny he was. A little ball of fluff. As I said he will be 12 weeks - three whole months old on Saturday and we are just so blessed with all our babies. So . . . .literally my prayers were answered and I was blessed with not one, but three Yorkies, and I even got my puppy along the way. I know that it could not have worked out more perfectly and that they were meant to be part of our family!!! They are SLIGHTLY spoiled (as I am sure all of you know is very easy to do)! So if I have random puppy care questions regarding this little guy, please bear with me. I know it will seem weird to have questions, but although I have three Yorkies this is my first puppyhood adventure. =) So brace yourselves. . . i have a LOT of questions!

So very glad I found this group!!!

Blessings,

Kymm, Bonzai, Delaynie & Bonzai
Mrs_OMalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!