View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #11
Micah my love
Donating YT 100K Club Member & Top YorkieTalk Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest1307 View Post
I understand where you all are coming from and what you mean by all that, but when you originally obtain a dog from a reputable breeder how does one obtain linage going that far back? I got Layla from one near the Dallas area and she came with a 3 yr health guarantee & she's in perfect health & never been sick a day in her life. I've already contacted her a while back asking her to let me know when she has a male that has no lineage tied to Layla and she said she'd let men know. She doesn't breed Yorkies often & it's hard to find any reputable breeders down here in South Texas. As far as who I've paired her up with they've never been able to get info further then 3 gens back on his lineage bc they can't locate the breeder from 5 yrs ago & him nor his son have ever had any health issues either. I'm breeding to acquire another Yorkie for him & for myself, I love Layla's look, personality etc & if I could clone her I would! Lol I'm not breeding for profit or anything like that, not looking to be a backyard breeder either. I once had a Yorkie who myself was unknowledgeable at the time on breeders, obtained her from an assumed puppy pill & paid heavily for it & spent a lot keeping her alive after I received her due to genetic health issues. That's when I started to learn and do my research on Yorkies & joined this site and several groups.

You should be able to contact AKC and get a pedigree dated futher back than three yrs...some people are very PC smart and can trace back for generations
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!