View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Default Callie learns a new command

I taught Callie something new. We have a rug under our dinning room table then its about four feet from a hallway that has the master bedroom, a bathroom and laundry room and at the end of the hall is the door to the garage well Callie won't go out doors except once when she was having anxiety and wanted to be with me because lots of family was here but when my parents come they have an opener to the garage and come in that way so Callie would run to the door to great them and if the garage door was up it just made me nervous even though she never acted like she was going to leave and my grandpa is slow when he comes in and out that door so I taught Callie to wait on the corner of the rug and not go past that when people are coming in. She knows people are here because we have a driveway alarm and she can hear the garage open. Today was the big test because Sammy was coming with my parents. Well she heard the door and went to the hallway and I said Callie carpet and she ran back to her corner of the carpet and waited even when she saw Sammy she waited until I heard the door close and told her ok. She was even in a play bow when she saw Sammy but didnt leave her spot. It worked again when they were leaving. I didn't even use any treats I just had been telling her to stay in that spot for a few weeks every time some one was leaving or coming and I always said stay on the carpet and give her the stay hand gesture.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!