View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Default Bella's berry patch.

Little Bella is 16 weeks old now and hasn't been to the groomer's yet because we're waiting for the final puppy vaccinations. She's getting a little shaggy, and the longer her hair gets, the more she retains *ahem* "berries" in the hair on her rear end. Every few days when I remember, I turn her over to have a careful look to see if she is retaining any berries. Last night, I had my partner turn her over and I picked up her tail to take a peek. There were two mummified berries clinging to her fur. I held my breath, reached in, and pulled them out of her fur--they were stuck in really well, matted into the hair, but Bella was a trooper and didn't complain as I pulled them out along with a few hairs. I showed them to my partner, who grimaced, and I told him that they must have been there for weeks because they were so dry! He got very offended with me and told me that they weren't there after her bath on Wednesday because he ALWAYS washes there thoroughly. I told him, "Oh, is that why the berries look so pale and clean?" and rolled on the floor, laughing hysterically. He angrily told me, "Well, if you think you can do a better job, why don't you bathe her?" I told him, "Sure, if you pull out the berries!" He said, "No way!" so we decided to keep our assigned roles--he is the bather, and I am the berry picker.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!