View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
Churky
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default I need some help.

I do not own Yorkshire Terriers and this is not currently an ad where I will be giving one away. I had no idea where to put this and am hoping someone can be of help.

I own Lhasa Apsos, but today I was heading out with my husband and a very small Yorkshire Terrier was in our front yard. He came right to me but was wary of my husband. We found no identification on him whatsoever! I absolutely hate it when people don't take care of their pets. He doesn't even have a collar.

It was very hot today, I live in Illinois so we brought him onto our front porch and crated him in one of my other dogs crates. We gave him water, food, a blanket and a few toys and bones. Later tonight we plan to search him for fleas and possibly give him a flea bath.

I have no idea what to feed him! We think he weighs between 3-5lbs. My Lhasa Apso's are around 15-20lbs and they eat 1 cup a day of Blue Wilderness. Is this suitable to feed a Yorkshire Terrier?

I know nothing about their temperaments, though this one seems friendly. We're going to put a found add on craigslist (without pictures, I'm not handing this sweetheart over to just anyone) and on facebook.

In the meantime, I don't know if he has his shots so I won't be socializing him with my dogs, but he will be kept in an air-conditioned environment. With him being so small, will he be warm enough?

Also, do Yorkie's naturally part down the middle of their backs? This one has a nice part, a docked tail and while his nails are long they aren't broken. We think he's an inside dog because of this and he seemed to be very aware what inside was. He was also good on a leash, but didn't potty outside.

Anyone who can answer my questions, I'd be incredibly thankful.
Churky is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!