Thread: Free Leash
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #17
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

I drop his leash sometimes -- he's very well behaved, and sometimes on hikes, etc, I take pictures so I drop the leash to snap some shots of him, etc.

Also, I live on 3 acres unfenced and I have a 50 foot leash that I let him drag when we play fetch with the Chuck-It. I trust him for the most part, but there's that small part of me that worries if he darts, and with 50ft of leash behind him, it's much easier to catch him quick and step on it if needed.

Also, as far as people letting the leash drag, it can be so that they're 'following the leash law' lol. Ok, may not be what they mean, but the dog IS on a leash. Technically speaking.

Depending on the area, I don't see the big deal. Obviously near a busy road, this is stupid. My aunt has a secluded beach near her house that no one ever goes to. It's a small little area and the woods and brush block it off pretty well but I still get nervous letting him off leash so I often let him drag a small leash. It just makes ME feel better, like I know I'll be able to catch him better if something were to come up. Even though he's been off leash there before and is fine, I just feel it gives me extra security.

I really like the long line (30-50 feet) for situations like that, in big open fields, and beaches, etc.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!