View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 11:40 AM   #5
jjz
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIM
I hope that people have some good advice for you because my husband and I have almost the exact same situation with Lucky! We adopted her from a Humane Society almost 2 months ago. She is two and we were told she was potty trained, but she still has accidents in the house. Essentially, we started over using similar methods to yours, and I am happy to report that she no longer pees in the house, but she does poop (and it's nowhere near the door), sometimes shortly after we take her out. In addition, I have become a bit sleep deprived because she also wakes up and needs to go out at least once during the middle of the night. She sleeps in a doggie bed next to ours at night and we keep our bedroom door shut. Interestingly, she wakes me up to let me know when she has to go out in the middle of the night, but she does not signal during the day. We are trying to train her to ring a bell that hangs from the door, but so far we haven't had much luck. Let me know if you find a method that really works or if you have any breakthroughs.

Just out of curiousity, do they have any other behavioral problems? We adore Lucky but she is very challenging to take care of.
Hi, It sounds like our dogs may be from same litter! Ours do the exact same thing. We just started from scratch with the potty training all over again, and they are doing better now. We lift their water bowl around 9-10pm, and let them out a lot and also right before we go to bed at night (around midnight) We close them in our bedroom and they usually last until about 7am. Sometimes they get up and want to be let out around 4-5am and we just deal with it because we don't want any accidents or pee pads laying around the house. Isn't it interesting that they wake you up in the middle of the night to go potty, but during the day you have to read their minds? Ours are just like that. Snicker is afraid of everything, especially other dogs, so we are doing our best to socialize them. Sometimes they don't want to eat, so we put a little shredded cheese in their food. They have severe separation anxiety and start shaking whenever we have to leave. Hopefully they will get over that and realize that we are always coming back! Good luck with Lucky, feel free to write back if you have any other questions. Snicker and Doodle's mom.
jjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!