View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

You didn't mention the sizes of the poodle or his grandparents or greatgrands. I'm not a breeder but I've heard them say that besides the father, it's important to know the size of the father's lineage - important even if he is small, since if one of his parents or recent ancestors was large, he could produce large puppies - too large for your female. I don't know how far back the size in either parent's lineage can affect the size of the puppies. She might not be able to carry the puppies and rupture her uterus or something.

Plus, if you know nothing about how to care for or whelp a female and have all of the supplies and medications you will need for whelping and puppy raising, you could lose your female, puppies or both. I would tend to not put her through all of that with such a young, immature female. I would check with my vet but likely the least-risky solution will be an abort-spay ASAP rather than risking a pregnancy and whelping or c-section. Plus, it is pretty tough to watch your baby girl suffering and so uncomfortable with labor and delivery! Remember, they don't get pain medicine or sub-durals.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!