View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
kimberlyn
Yorkie Yakker

Hi there, I'm so sorry you're gong through this stressful situation. How large is your yorkie? At 7 months old most people will tell you to have an abortive spay, because she is still growing herself. That is the safest for her. I personally probably wouldn't do it myself unless the vet said it was a risky pregnancy because I don't like killing little puppies even if they aren't born yet. According to the dog breed information center about 25% of dog births require a C-section (sounds a bit high to me) and will end up costing big bucks. If you don't have the extra cash to care for such an instance that would again be another reason to have her spayed. There's a lot to think about, but I think as long as your yorkie isn't sickly or tiny she will be just fine whether you decide to go through with the pregnancy or not. EDIT: provided that if you do go through with the pregnancy, you do tons of research and watching disgusting youtube videos to prepare yourself so you can recognize the signs of labor gone wrong and know what to do to help if she needs it.

Last edited by kimberlyn; 05-17-2013 at 04:37 PM.
kimberlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!