View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
Jenna AK
YT Addict

I 'm sorry for not updating yesterday, I've had weeks of stressful days culminating in this one plus more doctors today and I needed to unplug so I wouldn't overtax myself.
Jenna came through it all well. Propofol and ampicillin were used for anesthetic and abx. Morphine is also added during the procedure as pain relief and relaxant but only a little. She lost no teeth but had bad gingivitis and pockets that included bone loss. They used Clindoral on these areas to try to save the teeth but my vet really doesn't see her losing them.
She was eager to go home and even frisky enough to bark at first but as all the drugs wore off you can tell her throat is sore. She is having trouble vocalizing and just makes these pitiful choky-sounding cries. It's better today and her breathing is good, but intubating always messes her up. This is the worst I've seen it.

Taking my son in to see his gp today so if Jenna is still worrisome we'll pop by and see what can be done. We couldn't take home any of the dental aides except the toothbrush because she's allergic to everything.
I'll never have them shave her again though...her footpads are completely exposed and she's down to skin all up the backs of her legs, plus her bum is so bare and shaver burned she won't sit down to eat...she seems to not even be able to bend her neck. She's only done this when her back was sprained so I hope they didn't manhandle her.
Not her happiest birthday I'm sure but I think she is just glad to be home with Mum as she will not stop following me and looking like she's scared I'll desert her again. Do I feel like a rotter!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!