Thread: Sick puppy dog
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #13
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarb View Post
Lulu is back to normal.... We got it under control and I am 99.9% sure we know what was making her sick! Flea Collar....... that dad had picked up for her!! Although it was for puppies and within her weight and age group it appears this was the culprit. When her daddy called me and said she was sick again I immediately told him to get that collar off, called the vet for an appt. and told him I would give her some medicine when I got home. So after giving her some medicine to settle her tummy and taking that collar off 3 hours later she was eating and got her bounce back!!

For whatever reason the fleas are terrible right now in the area and although I had only seen one he wanted to protect her till we were sure they were gone.

No more collars for her ever!! She will be having blood work just to make sure no real damage was done. She does appear happy and feeling good again though!!

I am posting this on another thread.... If I had lost my little girl it would have been to much!! OMG

FYI... After wearing the collar for about a week she suddenly got ill last Saturday. Noticed she didn't touch her food that night. I removed her flea collar. But still didn't have a clue what was going on. Thought maybe she got into something in the yard. She was sick all day Sunday, throwing up, diarrhea and very lethargic. I started her on some tummy medicine and she bounced out of it. I still had not put the collar back on. So she was back to herself for a couple of days and I was able to give her a bath. Because she loves being outside with us so much. The next day I put the collar back on her. Within two day's it starts again. Turning her nose up at her food, then diarrhea, throwing up and very lethargic. I am going to find out what brand this was but I know it wasn't Hartz because I read something about them and stayed clear!
OMG! They still make those things LOL.. Those remind me of my childhood- we always had them on our cats!

So glad you figured it out!! Poor baby. These Yorkies are too sensitive, I tell ya!

I would do the blood work- if all is normal I would invest in some Advantix, or frontline.. some sort of topical flea protection. I personally use Advantix and love it- never had a flea on or near him!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!