Thread: Low Sugar
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #13
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK32 View Post
Thanks for all the advice. I have been feeding her with a syringe. She is starting to eat a little on her own, but only when I soak her food in chicken broth. Hey, whatever works . When she first got sick, she wasn't eating properly and wasn't on a schedule. I thought that she had a little anxiety from being separated from her mom and siblings, and being in a new place, but would eventually eat. She did eat but very little. I just glad that I found out what was going on with her in time.

I've started giving her chicken and gravy Gerber baby food and PediaSure before bedtime. She seems to like that, and does much better in the mornings.

My mother-in-law has agreed to keep her during the day until school gets out, and my teenage daughter (who is worried sick over her) will be able to keep her.
I'm glad you have people who can look in on Layla during the day--that is very important! Did the vet recommend the chicken and gravy baby food and the pediasure? And is that only just before bedtime? I just wanted to check and make sure, because high fat content foods can create a different set of problems for Yorkies. But if the vet recommended it, and it's just before bedtime, I'm sure it's fine.

Oh, another thing my vet recommended for hypoglycemia is pedialyte or gatorade instead of or in addition to water during the day. Check with your vet first before trying that, though, because the vet knows what's best for Layla.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!