Thread: Bark bark bark
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 AM   #1
Wallee
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Bark bark bark

Ok...seems my situation is getting very serious here. When we first brought Wallee home, we worked very hard on no bark command and reward when he was quiet. It seems that now that he is older, he wants to bark at everything that moves. It is a constant "shhhhh" and then reward when he stops. We have a tennant in the basement who works afternoon shift so mornings are always a little touchy. Thankfully, Wallee usually goes back to sleep after he goes pee for a few hours.
Our neighbor beside us is another story. Let me just tell you that they both have drinking problems and drink everyday. All 3 of their boys have some kind of mental or social problems and I feel sorry for them having drunk parents all the time. Well, they often will be out back, even sometimes bbq ing in the dark near the fence where Wallee goes out so I know he will bark out there at them if I dont go out with him. (Which I always do by the way, but he runs so fast out back ahead of me). The neighor on the other side of them got a Duck Tolling Retriever (who is Wallees walking friend) and they are always saying to that neighbor, she's so beautiful and quiet, not like that barking little bastard next door.
Knowing how they feel about Wallee, I always go out with him and try to keep him quiet. Problem is, most of the time I am out there I am correcting him for barking as he barks at all birds, squirrels and anything else that moves. This morning I took him out for his morning pee, and wouldn't you know it, all he wanted to do was bark as he had already used his pad. Uggh..next thing I hear is the neighor out her bedroom windown. "REALLY, IT'S ONLY 20 AFTER 5". OMG despite the fact that I dont like them, I can see this is going to be a big big problem for us. (Last summer their teenager threw chicken wing bones into our yard when Wallee was just a pup.) I can truly understand her getting upset this time in the morning as not all ppl go to bed when we do and get up when we do. My problem is HOW AM I GOING TO GET HIM TO STOP THIS BARKING? It seems like I may even have to ban him from going outside at all and we just fixed up the yard for us all to enjoy this summer. Please help.

https://www.facebook.com/5TailsBoutique?ref=tn_tnmn
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!