View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Default Bully sticks no more

I feel the need to share Callie's story with everyone. A lot of yall know the story but for those that don't I would like to share. I used to be a big fan of bully sticks and recommending them to everyone because they are 100% digestible. Well I have a different stance now. Callie was chewing on her much loved bully bone and not only did her tooth they call the bone cruncher tooth (I think that's what it was called) brake the tip off the whole tooth cracked down the middle all the way to the gum. Callie has been chewing bully sticks pretty much her whole life and she will be 6 on Saturday so I feel her teeth are not "soft". This happened on a Saturday night and luckily I had pain meds and had her on them as soon as I saw it happen. Yes I saw it happen she was chewing and I heard a loud crack noise and she took off like lightning across the room so I picked her up and checked her mouth. I made sure she had no food after 12pm Sunday night and had her at the vet early Monday morning and they did surgery to remove it then and had to stitch her gums where they pulled the tooth. It was $549 dollars and lots of pain for her because I didn't listen to other people. The money was nothing compared to the fear of putting my baby under anesthesia and the pain she had to go through because I was an idiot. Please don't have the mentality of that will never happen to me or my dog because it can and could. Please be careful what you let you dogs chew on once and adult tooth is gone its gone.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!