Thread: Low Sugar
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
AllisonK32
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Low Sugar

Hello everyone. I have an 8 week old yorkie, who's name is Layla. Last weekend she wasn't being her playful self and she appeared to be sick, listless, and walking dizzy. I became concerned and took her to the Vet ER. She had just had a checkup, shots, and de-wormer a couple of days before she became sick so I though it was due to the shots. Anyway, I took her in and they checked her sugar level and it was extremely low. I allowed them to keep her overnight to monitor her. She came home the next day better, but still feeling down. I did everything the vet instructed me to do, and followed up with her regular vet who gave her more meds because she wouldn't eat on her own and was fighting when I fed her. She's is eating on her now. I'm still doing everything as instructed. On yesterday, I allowed my mother-in-law to puppysit for me while I work. Well, she allowed her to whine and have her way. She played and ate on her own but she did not take her vitamins (she hates it and I have to force her to take it). That being said, this morning when we got up she kept falling over when she walked. I immediately gave her NutriCal and fed her. She was fine after that. Today she is staying with her vet while I work. I work from 8am -5pm. What are some things I can do where she can stay at home while I work? Does anyone knows how long this will last for her. She weighs 1.08 pound at 8 weeks old.

She is a real sweetheart. She loves to play and is very active (which I love). It's hard on me to hear her whine and cry because she wants to play and follow behind me, but I won't allow her and I will put her in her kennel so that she can rest and not use her energy so fast because I am in fear all the time that she will get sick.

Someone please help me with advice so I don't drive my baby crazy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!