View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
Wallee
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default New Buddy Belt and a "dumb" mommy

Omg...poor Wallee, he has a dumb mommy..lol.
We have been out walking this little guy since he was 14 weeks old, 2-3 times a day. We have tried a harness like Pupia, vests that are hand made and the thinking bubbles harness. We have some days where he walks fine and other days, he balks. So, I finally decided to get him a Buddy Belt..a pretty big investment but I thought since everyone who has them loves them I'd give it a try. I put it on last night and he would walk a little, stop and give me stink eye and then after a lot of coaxing move a bit more. Today I thought, ok, it's nice out, let's take a walk in the park with his extendable leash and let him smell the flowers and sniff around. He didn't want to walk there very good but when he got there, seemed to be having fun. I watched as he ran in front of me and noticed that the harness seemed to be flapping around under his arms..omg..I tightened it up one more hole and presto!! It fit him so much better. Poor guy, was probably wondering what the heck was going on. Let's hope this is the breakthrough that we need. I'll continue to take him to the park in it so he is so busy having fun, he doesn't really notice it. Sheesh, you'd think after being taken out for walks so many times since I got him and now he is 14 months old that walking would be great. Nope, same song and dance every day, runs away when you want to put "any" harness on him, but when you snap the leash onto it he runs to the door. Out on walks, he walks along fine and then suddenly he will pull to the side and just freeze and stare at you. It takes lots of praise to get him moving again when he does this. Totally dumbfounds me.

https://www.facebook.com/5TailsBoutique?ref=tn_tnmn
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!