View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
TootsiesMom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Update for tootsie

I went out today and bought Tootsie a thundershirt...she looks so cute! When we got home I put it on her for 15 minutes and she was ok with it on. She is not used to wearing anything other than her coat if it is raining or it is chilly out. Last evening she had no problems sleeping or keeping us awake. I guess I will take it a day at a time as far as the thundershirt goes.

I read somewhere about feeding her a small meal before we got to bed at night. I gave her a very small amount of chicken I make for her and some of her crunchies. As usual, she ate all the chicken and some of the crunchies. She is on Science Diet for Joint Care. Has been on that for a 3 years. My Vet told me about it, and it has kept her agile, along with a vitamin supplement for joints. My Vet says both these products together are helping her to stay agile...and she is not in pain. 3 years ago she jumped off a desk chair and broke her rea left leg, tore the muscles and tendons and tore the ACL. She was in a cast for 6 weeks. Once the cast came off I started massages and exercise on her leg...it worked. The following year she tore the ACL in the right rear leg....more massaging and exercises. She is now on Science Diet for joints and a supplement for the same..joint control

Thanks for all your suggestions as far as Tootsie's health goes. I am still going to take her to the Vet soon...she has her yearly teeth cleaning appointment soon.

Last edited by TootsiesMom; 05-15-2013 at 11:50 AM.
TootsiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!