Thread: Liver shunt
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #7
Karendawson211
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Liver shunt

When he initially had seizures,they were the usual seizure mode. Fighting back swallowing the tongue, legs swimming,convulsions,agitated.As time wore on after two months on phenobarbital,he was getting 1 a month but for the last 6 weeks he was having them weekly but his seizures changed. He would bump into walls,fall onto the floor and and scoot around like a seal,hide from us, want to burying himself in a chair.his personality changed a lot but I felt that something else was wrong.. Very weird. Under the vet care I was told to double his dose after a seizure. Yesterday he had 8 seizures. 2 at home and the rest at the vet. He was bought at a pet store in LA. Unbeknownst to us,the state has had them on a watchdog list because they sell sick puppies. Ozzy was a perfectly healthy,thriving,housebroken, playful puppy,quick learner. I watched the YouTube video on ginger, the yorkie and Ozzy displays the same mannerism as ginger who has a liver shunt...it's all very upsetting. I spend hours and hours a day with him. I know him so well,so I knew he there has to be more than just epilepsy. The results will be in later today or tomorrow. If its not liver shunt and is epilepsy,I hope that all these seizures haven't caused permanent damage..
Karendawson211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!