View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
mjg
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 049 Greetings and Introduction, new Yorkie lover :)!

Hello Everyone!

I have been reading up on this site here (and in books, and the web, and just becoming obsessed in general ) and have found so much great information that has been very helpful! Thank you all so much for sharing!

My partner and I adopted an 18 month old, 9 lb Yorkie (more or less rescued but from a family I know) about a month ago. I have been looking for a small dog (and have always admired Yorkies) for almost a year, and it was very hard to find the right dog that would fit with our situation (and rescues don't like that we don't have a yard and walk for exercise instead). Anyway, lo and behold, this little doll came along and I knew we had to jump at the chance!

She was not well trained (although largely housebroken) when we got her, so we have been working on boundaries (really, please don't walk on me when I'm sleeping, lol) and getting her used to our routine. She is doing really well and we are in love. We have another large dog who is a terrier mix, but this little one is just so unique and hilarious in so many ways. I think on the first few nights in the crate, she whined in about 10 different 'voices' to get our attention. I have never heard anything like it! She's been great fun though and an interesting challenge (and thank the gods, is used to the crate now)!

I attached a pic, which is just after she woke up, lol. OMG. So cute I can't stand it. Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings and Introduction, new Yorkie lover :)!-chi.jpg  
mjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!