View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #10
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I've followed some of your posts about Bella! I imagine she will turn out to be a special girl and you seem totally tuned in to her. I'll bet you will enjoy working with her in simple obedience training - just watch highly viewed YouTube videos of people training puppies with positive-reinforcement methods and learn how the top trainers work with young puppies. I just wish most of them didn't think they had to be cute or entertain us - just show us the training and get on with it - LOL. There's one really good trainer I used to watch some and somehow her YouTube channel got wiped off my list or subscription and I've been trying to find her for months. She was get down to business and no nonsense but so good at teaching and inspiring a puppy to watch and learn from her.

Also, you can get basic obedience training tips off Google and our Library here in the Puppy section. Once they learn how to learn and focus and control themselves, each subsequent trick usually gets easier and easier unless it is a multi-dimensional trick that has to be taught in stages and then put together into one big one.

Tibbe learned everything so fast except to sit up and beg. The dog could not hold himself up! I realized he had no balance, no awareness of or control over his torso muscles to hold him up and we had to work for months little by little to strengthen those with little short situps and he would sway over to the side or back and fall over - plop! But finally, he got stronger, got an awareness of his balance, how to correct his swaying and begin to be able to hold himself upright. In time he began to sit up and beg like a champ and now he can hold it forever and never sway one bit. Now he sits up and begs all on his own when he wants something. And when he sits up, the tip of his tongue almost always peeks out.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!