View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
Schooby
YT 500 Club Member

Default Shampoo build up?

I'm having an issue getting all the shampoo/conditioner rinsed out of Chase and Calvin's hair. I never had this issue until we moved just over 2 months ago. I am using the same shampoo, conditioner, and even the sprayer I attach to the shower is the same. The only thing that has changed is the water. It's different here, and it doesn't matter if I dilute the shampoo and conditioner and I spend at least 10-15 minutes rinsing and even focus on the spots I can see aren't getting rinsed out. I have a flakey Chase (Calvin isn't too bad, but he has it a bit too), mostly on his shoulder area where his step-in harness sits. They went to a groomer a couple weeks ago and she used a different shampoo on them, and I saw some build up with that too. That's why I think it's the water.

It really stinks because I finally found a shampoo and conditioner that work on them both (Chase is cottony, Calvin is silky), but is there a clean rinsing shampoo and conditioner that would help? We are using Yorkie Splash and Shine now.
Schooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!