View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
randi88
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Maybe you could just increase the amount you are feeding her? That certainly adds calories! (Now I am taking cover and ducking my head!!!).......Milk Bones have never been recalled, and each Milk Bone has 75 calories in it! If the girl will eat a couple of Milk Bones/daily, you will be giving her something she will enjoy and it is good for her chewing/teeth....I have a teapot Yorkie that LOVES his "cookie" and will turn himself inside out for a Milk Bone! He just gets one in the evening, and he WAITS for his cookie!!! How sweet of you to take this little girl in while her owners are in a terrible spot....thank you for doing that!
I am always the one people seem to call because they know I can not say no haha. I actually have a homemade recipe for doggy biscuits that is about the same constancy as a milk bone so I know she goes nutzo for her "cookies" as well. I will give the milk-bones a try. I think some of it is I am not used to having a doggy with such slick fur so the tiniest bit of weight loss and I am thinking she is anorexic lol. Josh thinks I am crazy and that she is just leaning out a little but any change worries me... I am just kind of mommy. Even when they aren't my own
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!