View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Don't get into the breeding arena. To do it right is very expensive. And I mean expensive for you.

In terms of marking, I can't comment as my breeding experience is with large dogs, and no, they never mark in the house.

But Amazing Yorkie said that is her experience, and for sure I know with my breeder of my Yorkie that is the experience with the breeding Yorkie males she has in her home.

Save your money and purchase a female YOrkie when you want one and the time is right.

In terms of neutering, there are many threads on here about this self same question.

For males which is what you have, I would recommend waiting until after the growth plates close, and this is approximately 8mths or more. No guesswork is needed, as you have an Xray taken at or a little after 8mths old of a lateral view of the tibia. The tibial plate is the last growth plate to close, and once closed then many osteo problems maybe avoided.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!