View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
YoRkIeLoVe1980
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
The governor of Pennsylvania enacted some great kennel laws, after the Oprah show did an expose on Pennsylvania puppy mills. Now Pennsylvania has some of the best laws in the country regarding kennel conditions. If a facility is licensed, chances are they are at least getting some vet care and are being treated in a humane fashion. However, you don’t need a license to sell over the internet directly to the public, and these places that sell over the internet are the worse puppy mills you can imagine. My advice is don’t look for a bargain, try to find a breeder that is breeding for the right reasons and not just to make a buck, but because she really believes she has something to offer the breed. Go visit the breeder in person and don’t overlook the YTCA breeder referral for finding a breeder. Here's a link: Breeder Listing
Thanks for providing that link! I have been visiting the YTCA website but it keeps telling me it's under construction and I couldn't access the breeder listing. The link you provided, gave me the page to look up my state and there is a breeder local to me! I just emailed the woman, and hope to be stepping in the right direction to getting my first yorkie! Sorry...hope I didn't hijack the thread!
YoRkIeLoVe1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!