View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #48
xoCourtney
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
The leas training videos I have seen its the same way with a leash as a harness. I worry that using a collar when they are puppies and frowning could effect the trachea more then on an adult dog. I didn't know about ct when I got Callie so for the first couple months I had her she we hooked the leash to the collar and now she has mild ct and I can't help but feel I caused it by using the collar instead of the harness.
My breeder's dogs are show dogs so thats probably why she's more comfortable with a collar. Miley will not be used for show though. I understand your concern and I am sorry for what happened for your Callie. Please don't feel like it's your fault. It could've been a lot of things but at least now you all use a harness to prevent any further damage I will be asking my breeder to use a harness with Miley. Her main reason for using a collar is to prevent pulling (she trains show dogs) but honestly, I'm okay with Miley exploring and pulling a little. she's a tiny little thing so it's not like she'll be pulling me down the street haha
xoCourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!